How do I uninstall Lollipop on my Samsung S4?

A

AC Question

How to uninstall lolipop in samsung S4

How to uninstall lolipop in samsung S4 as it uses more space and ram memory I had performed manual reset and factory reset both didn't worked out. Please help me ASAP.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to uninstall lolipop in samsung S4

You can wipe the system partition, but then you'd have no system, so the phone would boot to a black screen. What you really want to do is flash an earlier version, not uninstall Lollipop. Go to SamMobile Firmwares, put in your S4 model number, look for your carrier/country, if there's more than one version, choose the latest one (other than Lollipop), download the file (you'll have to create a free account to download the file), then scroll down the page and you'll see full instructions on how to use the file and where to get Odin (or get it at Odin).

joshbutler2772

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Ive just installed the new update in the UK and it has caused many problems for me from the get go. These consist of the phone being laggy and unable to open apps such as facebook and apps stored on my SD card having disappeared. Furthermore i hear it is common for people being unable to install a google services update which affecting app use. I expirienced all this, however to get round these problems i switched my phone on and off around 3 times and removed my SD card. Following this i then reset my phone. This did not immediately fix the problem but i did notice some improvements. Finally i left my phone for around 10 minutes after a reset and it has now completely as if magic gone back to the performance before the update plus these update problems and app crashes have disappeared. I recommend some people try this as an attempt as it has worked for me and now everything is working correctly this new update actually inproves the S4 once the problems have disappeared. (This entire process took around 30-40 minutes so do not expect for it to work straight away just be patient even though it is frustrating lol)
Hope this helps you guys out, thanks

John Phillips8

May 19, 2015
Visit site
It runs fine on mine so far, but it is ugly as all get out. It is driving me nuts. I ve been told by samsung if the person at best buy knows what they are doing they can switch it back, you ll just have to continually tell it no to the update

n2sewing

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I HATE the new update! I was just trying to "clear" my screen and instead it updated itself! I don't have my clock, cturn it backdar, my home page pic (that my grandson took!) bcuz the screen is BLACK! when I power off and turn it back on I get "SPRINT" and freezes!
Just not a fan!!!!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's why I'm still on 4.2.2. Nothing in Lollipop I need. No reason to update. Too many bugs. It's like throwing a drowning man an anchor. (And with an AMOLED screen [Samsung], all that white eats a lot of battery. I don't run apps that don't have dark themes.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa