My HTC Notes disappeared after Lollipop update (HTC One M7), where could they have gone?

rarwkitty

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
HTC Notes disappeared after Lollipop update (HTC One M7)

"HTC Notes is no longer available."

Thats the only thing it says everytime I try to open the app. How do I bring the app back up?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC Notes disappeared after Lollipop update (HTC One M7)

Welcome to Android Central! Do you still have a shortcut icon for Notes on the homescreen? Does it still show up in the App Drawer?

There are times when a preinstalled app from the manufacturer is removed with a system update, but usually the icon disappears from the App Drawer. One notable exception is Google Currents, which turned into Google Play Newsstand. On the Nexus 7, Google Currents was preinstalled--but a subsequent update to the Currents app just made it an empty shell of an app that would only encourage you to use Google Play Newsstand. There was no way to remove this empty Currents app, because it was still a preinstalled app. Didn't make much sense.

rarwkitty

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I apologize for the late reply.
The HTC Note app does show up in my app drawer, and on the home screen. I recently rooted my phone and then I noticed a series of problems, such as the HTC note issue and also my music library is empty, the songs I add does not show up (I cannot preview songs in general).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty