My HTC vibrates every 10 seconds when I get a notification on silent mode - it did not used to?!?

A

AC Question

I recently made the swap from Apple to HTC and so far, have been ecstatic with my decision (especially with the camera).

However, for some reason recently my HTC One (M8) has started doing weird things.
- it has decided to vibrate every 10 seconds when I receive a notification, and continue vibrating until I acknowledge/read the notification (not helpful when I am asleep). This is while it is on silent mode. It never used to do this.
- it randomly decides to slip into daydream screen mode while I am typing a message, or slip into Car mode while browsing FB.

I have tried to look through the settings to change things to stop the above happening, but no luck. I recently installed an SD card but can not see why this would have these effects??

Any ideas please, it is driving me mad!

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Oh My Goodness... Tonight I had the EXACT same thing happen. First I'd like to say welcome to android.. Lol. Although it's been a rough start for you... I'm an android lifer. And between the Samsung GALAXY S5 I have and my HTC one m8... I overall like the HTC best. In fact the only thing I hands down love about the Samsung is the appearance.
Anyway... If you get help or an answer... Please share the help with this girl! Because I promise you, they don't make enough Xanax in the world to get me through this sanely. Thanks.

OR... I'VE GOT THE FIX!
Although I had checked every setting in each individual app... The vibration continued until....
Go into the settings for your phone. From there I went to the category of "Application Manager" click on the Hangouts application. From INSIDE the Hangouts category of the Application manager I manually disabled the application. Since it is not a third party app and comes pre-installed to the device it cannot be uninstalled completely(unless your phone is rooted). After disabling the app you'll need to also uninstall any updates on the Hangouts app (you should have a box above the disabled button that says "uninstall updates". Click on that box. One last thing is to un click the notification and auto updating for the Hangouts app. This will be found to the left of where you just uninstalled the updates and disabled the Hangouts app.
That's it. Hope it works. Feel free to contact me for assistance since I know you're new to the Android World 🌍

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
OR... I'VE GOT THE FIX!*
Although I had checked every setting in each individual app... The vibration continued until....*
Go into the settings for your phone. From there I went to the category of "Application Manager" click on the Hangouts application. From INSIDE the Hangouts category of the Application manager I manually disabled the application. Since it is not a third party app and comes pre-installed to the device it cannot be uninstalled completely(unless your phone is rooted). After disabling the app you'll need to also uninstall any updates on the Hangouts app (you should have a box above the disabled button that says "uninstall updates". Click on that box. One last thing is to un click the notification and auto updating for the Hangouts app. This will be found to the left of where you just uninstalled the updates and disabled the Hangouts app.*
That's it. Hope it works. Feel free to contact me for assistance since I know you're new to the Android World

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa