Why won't my Galaxy S6 turn on?

A

AC Question

I was attempting to download an app from the google play store and then my phone turned off randomly. It was at full charge when this occurred. Now the phone doesn't react to any button presses and will not turn on. It also doesn't light up in any way when plugged into the charger. What do I do?

irok2000

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Press and hold all 4 buttons, volume +/-, power and home.
You will be given option to restart.
Use volume buttons to go up and down, home button to select.

Be careful, there is an option to wipe your phone too. If you have not backed it up, you will have to redo EVERYTHING.
I learned the hard way.

BTW. My S6 has died twice now, no reason.

Posted via the Android Central App

irok2000

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Press and hold all 4 buttons.
When you see options, use volume buttons to navigate, home to select.
Do not select wipe, it will wipe your phone and you will have to start all over, unless you backed it up.

irok2000

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
BTW My S6 has just died twice on me. No reason, pressed power button to turn screen. No sign of life after that. Had to do hard reboot. Samsung guy at Best Buy says it can happen.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Crazy, it just happened to me. Had a blue led light flashing Burt that was it. No buttons would react and there screen wouldn't light up. Holding all 4 buttons finally booted to the reset menu. Thanks

LalyPerra

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to Gina!! It didn't work with all 4 keys for some reason but it did without holding the volume up. DARN IT. I wish I had known this a couple weeks ago. My first S6 did this (shut down with charge still for no reason) and I called samsung. They had me hold all sorts of buttons and nothing worked so I had to return my TEN DAY OLD phone. And I love Costco, but trying to do a return/replacement at their Verizon kiosk is like getting a root canal.
It's been a week and now my 2nd phone did it last night. I woke up this morning and about cried when I saw that terrible blank screen.
I wish I knew what caused it so I could try to avoid doing whatever I must have done!! I played music, set my alarm, placed it (with 70% charge) on my nightstand. No apps were running, temp was fine, I'd done a restart in the evening just because I feel like that needs to be done on electronic devices :p Nothing crazy. :(

Salma97

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I just spent the worst 30 minutes ever, as I wass talking on the phone and about to check my a webpage i attempt to turn on my screen and it wouldnt wake up, i plugged in my charger and all and nothing, yet I was still on the call. As I was freaking out getting ready to go to tmobile i decided to look on any forums to see if any of this had happen before, and it helped me to to press all buttons after that the charging screen came up and thenI normally powered on my screen. I will still be going to tmobile or calling whoever to see what the problem was. But thank you people for saving me from an anxiety attack!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall