gs4 screen unresponsive to touch with update

A

AC Question

Put off my Lollipop update. Now my gs4 screen is unresponsive to any touch. Can't unlock the screen, power off, or anything. Any ideas?

I pulled the battery, the SIM, and the mini memory. Still the same issue. Then I went into recovery and did a partial cache wipe, then a reboot and still the same problem. No response to touch.

I previously put off the Lollipop update scheduling it until 2 a.m. with requirement that I confirm before starting. Now I have no response to touch on the screen and can't unlock the screen. Thanks again.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Put off my Lollipop update. Now my gs4 screen is unresponsive to any touch. Can't unlock the screen, power off, or anything. Any ideas?

I pulled the battery, the SIM, and the mini memory. Still the same issue. Then I went into recovery and did a partial cache wipe, then a reboot and still the same problem. No response to touch.

I previously put off the Lollipop update scheduling it until 2 a.m. with requirement that I confirm before starting. Now I have no response to touch on the screen and can't unlock the screen. Thanks again.

Welcome to Android Central!

Are you wanting to update it now to Lollipop? If so, is there a Best Buy near you? It might be easier to try and take it there and let them try to flash the upgrade at Samsung Experience and see if everything works after that.

You can test the touch screen, but you need the dialer pad to do that. Someone else may come along that has a better suggestion than any of these.