Questions about moving S4 from Verizon to ATT.

colombo640

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.

I have a Samsung S4 and I want to move from Verizon to ATT.

I know I can move it and there's some code I have to set in the phone (either or both), but I have some questions.

First off, what happens to all the Verizon software that's on my phone? Do I have to root it or buy an app like root explorer to take it off? Do I need to remove it to transfer to ATT, or can I just leave it on?

What about software updates from ATT? I'm not going to have all their software installed, so do I then need to manually update the OS, or is that all done from Google independently of the carrier?

Will (or can they) ATT store wipe and install their software on my phone if I want?

Thanks for any advice.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

I have a Samsung S4 and I want to move from Verizon to ATT.

I know I can move it and there's some code I have to set in the phone (either or both), but I have some questions.

First off, what happens to all the Verizon software that's on my phone? Do I have to root it or buy an app like root explorer to take it off? Do I need to remove it to transfer to ATT, or can I just leave it on?

What about software updates from ATT? I'm not going to have all their software installed, so do I then need to manually update the OS, or is that all done from Google independently of the carrier?

Will (or can they) ATT store wipe and install their software on my phone if I want?

Thanks for any advice.
1) It all stays there. You can't remove it without root access
2) You can't get them over the air. You'll have to do it manually either via Kies or going to a Samsung experience store in Best Buy. Although, the S4 probably won't get more than 1 update at this point.
3) No. All they need to do is activate the phone. Wiping it is unnecessary

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I should also mention that the Verizon s4 doesn't support att primary lte band so you probably won't get LTE.

Some features like mms might not work.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress