photos and sd card issue

jblandin413

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I bought a Samsung Evo 64g sd card for my Samsung note 4. Mainly for my pictures and videos. Last week I was taking a ton of pictures. When I went to check my gallery the last maybe 20 or 30 photos were black with an exclamation. So I thought nothing of it. Now ever since then all my photos after I take them don't show and are black with an exclamation. I have safely removed my sd card and put it back and restarted my phone as well. Please help.

Posted via the Android Central App

WCC

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure it's a 64G card? There are many counterfeiters out there. I bought a Samsung 64G card that turned out to be only 4G that was mod'ed to look like a 64G card By some nefarious character. The packaging looked authentic, it wrote author error but could not read anything beyond 4G. Use the SD Insight app to check your card out. That's what told me I'd been had - and that my replacement was legit.

WCC

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I'd say you got took the way I did. Apparently you can overwrite something in an sd card and it reports a different size than it is. Even when you write more data than it can physically hold it reports no errors. But, it does throw errors when you try to read beyond what it can actually hold. In my case I thought I'd found a cheap 64g card but instead paid some jerk for a lesson in "if it's too good to be true..." I've had more expensive lessons but I still hope his black soul forever lives in Hades.

Posted via the Android Central App