After factory reset, data will not work?

A

AC Question

After I had factory reset my ZTE Rapido, my data will not work. I can turn it on (meaning I can press the data button to turn it on and it will turn white saying its activated) but it wont actually connect. When I activate the data it will not show that the data is on by the upper right corner of my phone. (I have 4G, normally it would turn blue & have 4G next to it.) Nor when I try to connect to facebook or google, or the app store (providing examples, basically anything requiring internet I cannot use) it wont work.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Have you checked the Mobile Network Settings - Preferred Network Type (2g/GSM - 3G/4G LTE), and checked under Access Point Names that your networks apn settings are installed. Major updates can reset most preferences.

Also try removing the sim card for 20 minutes and re-install it and wait another 20 - 30 with everything turned on.

1Palani

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Was a solution to this found? I'm currently having this problem. Straight talk says they're going to send a new SIM but if that doesn't work i want to be prepared...or not have to wait 5 days to use my phone...

AAC1111

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. I factory reset a second time and the problem persists. I also modified the Access Point Names and that didn't fix the issue.

Has anyone found a solution???

Pr0m1t5

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
[FOUND IT]
You just need to re-download the internetsettings. On my xperia z1 I can find it here: settings > networks > more > at the bottom "internetsettings" (download settings for Internet and MMS)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
[FOUND IT]
You just need to re-download the internetsettings. On my xperia z1 I can find it here: settings > networks > more > at the bottom "internetsettings" (download settings for Internet and MMS)

Welcome as a new member and thank you for sharing. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

zackstormy

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Call your service provider. I just got off the phone with Straight Talk, and they wirelessly fixed my data. If that doesn't work, they will send you a new SIM card in the mail free of charge. I'd assume other service providers would be similar.

Meohmy67

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I have to constantly factory reset MMS just randomly stops sending or receiving. Sometimes I think companies do this to force you to buy an upgrade. I'm looking for APN entry info or MMS upgrades I can install. But I'll probably just get an upgrade... Or a virus from installing internet advice. Lol

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer