Problem: Two languages, but only one spell checker

A

AC Question

Here's the deal:

I'm using the Google AOSP Stock Keyboard and have selected two input languages:

- Dutch
- English (GB)

I can shift between these two simply by clicking the little globe on the left of the space bar.

However, when I click on 'Spell checker', I can only use one language, either Dutch or English. It's currently set to my system language (which is Dutch) and this is a real pain in the *** when I choose to use the English keyboard, since it will check those words using the Dutch dictionary. After writing an ordinary sentence in English, almost every word is underlined and suggest I change it to a similarly-written Dutch word. It also works the other way around. When I set it to English, it says all my Dutch sentences/word are wrong, even though I'm using the Dutch keyboard.

I have downloaded both dictionaries and I have no clue what could be the problem. It's strange that I can set only one language for spelling checking, which is applied to two different input languages.

Please reply if you can help me. Thanks in advance :)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

Interesting problem, don't know why I haven't seen it before, in all my years <cough>

It only takes two seconds to change the entire device to Dutch, or back, if you want to compose something.

The SwiftKey keyboard, which is great anyway, dubs itself the Multiple languages keyboard. I would give that a try.

Don't have any more at the moment.
Someone else may assist.

5df3975acde106c16339b4bcfc47242f.jpg

dom2319

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
"how can i set up a site"
Sorry what site? Are you talking about swiftkey? ?
Ps:I 2nd Madd54. I use swiftkey which seamlessly switch between english an french

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

Onkel Per

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I am using the Google Keyboard from Google Play. I have selected English and Danish keyboard, and dictionaries for both. When I change language for the keyboard, it automatically changes the dictionary as well.
I have deselected System language under settings for the keyboard. And instead selected the two languages I am using.
from the world of Nexus

hossainsazzad93

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
With SwiftKey if you type Dutch it won't autocorrect to English or wise versa I live in England and had these issues after I bought an S2 but then when I bought SwiftKey since then things changed. I speak fluent German with my girlfriend and yeah. I can tell if you use SwiftKey it will be different. Android keyboard or Google needs to change this implementation otherwise they are the no1 on the planet for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87