Does anyone else have a bad experience with Motorola customer service?

A

AC Question

I had a discussion with Motorola over their chat service today, but it didn't really give a good answer to my problem, and the guy didn't give me a reason as to why a gave me the anser he did. Also, if anyone actually has an answer to the problem i discussed with Motorola, I would be happy to hear:) !

this is the conversation:

<start>

Bhen Mark: Hi, my name is Bhen Mark. How may I help you?
Esben: hello:)
Esben: I am having an issue with a Moto G 2nd gen. (4g) that i just purchased from a norwegian retailer.
Bhen Mark: Can you tell me more about the issue?
Esben: I'm trying to sync the phone with Facebook, and so far, I have downloaded the Facebook app, gone into settings in the phone menu, into accounts and added Facebook as an acccount. But nothing happens when i try to sync the Facebook account. I touch the three little dots in the upper right corner and i press "sync now" but nothing happens!
Esben: So the contacts in my contacts app doesn't update with the contacts Facebook pictures either...
Bhen Mark: I’m sorry to hear that you are having issue with your device but let me help you on this. Because here in Motorola, we stand by our products.
Bhen Mark: Is this working before?
Esben: I have never owned an Android product before, but with my windows phone device that I had a couple of years ago, and an iPhone which I just switched from, this has never been an issue. I purchased the Moto G on wednesday, and since then it has not worked..
Esben: I am really happy with everything else, its just annoying that Facebook doesn't sync when I tell it to sync.
Bhen Mark: I see.
Bhen Mark: First may I know your phone number, location and IMEI or serial number of the phone? You can access the IMEI or MEID by pressing *#06# from the phone dialer or you can access in the settings menu.
Esben: IMEI XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Esben: and my phone number is (with country code) 0047 XXXXXXXX
Esben: Oslo, Norway
Bhen Mark: Thank you.
Bhen Mark: For this, I have to refer you to our Motorola Europe Support for better assistance. I will connect you whenever you are ready?
Esben: Okey, sure, I'm ready:)
Bhen Mark: Thank you.
Esben: Thank you too:)
Bhen Mark has disconnected.
Abinav: Hi, my name is Abinav. How may I help you?
Esben: Hello:) Im having trouble syncing my Facebook account with my Moto G 2nd generation.
Abinav: I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I will do my best to help you with the issue.
Esben: I downloaded the Facebook app, and then went into phone settings and added Facebook as an account. and when i try to press "sync now", nothing happens...
Abinav: Are you trying to sync with contacts ?
Esben: yeah, thats basically what I'm trying to do:)
Abinav: I'm sorry in your device you cannot sync facebook with contacts
Abinav: The option is not available in this particular series of the phone. I appreciate you understood the reason.
Esben: But why? is this not a software-issue?
Abinav: It seems that there is no problem with the mobile at this point of time and it is working as per the design.
Abinav: Facebook contacts can still be accessed on the phone through the Facebook app.

While we cannot guarantee or warranty a third-party application, some owners have reported success syncing Facebook contacts using Ubersync and Haxsync.
Esben: Okey. Well, i still don't really understand.. Surely it is not a matter of hardware. The problem must be in the coding. So why would Motorola remove this feature from the Moto G series? Is it a bug that will be fixed in later updates?
Abinav: Facebook contacts can still be accessed on the phone through the Facebook app.

While we cannot guarantee or warranty a third-party application, some owners have reported success syncing Facebook contacts using Ubersync and Haxsync.
Esben: Will you give me an other answer?
Esben: You are an employee of Motorola, are you not? Does other customers have the same complaints about not being able to sync Facebook with contacts on this phone series?
Abinav: Please use Ubersync and Haxsync. applications you can sync contacts with facebook .
Abinav: Link for the app : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ro.weednet.contactssync&hl=en
Esben: It's not my intention to be rude, but it just seems weird that Motorola delibirately decided to not include this feature.
Abinav: I'm telling you that if you use the applications you can sync contacts with facebook
Esben: I have no problem using an app to overcome this problem, I would just like another answer. And if you dont know, then thats okey, just say so.
Esben: but thank you anyway, my question was answered:)
Abinav: You will be presented with a small survey via e-mail. As I really value any feedback about how well I have helped you today, I hope you don't mind taking some time to complete this.

<end/>

This guy just seemed like a robot or something.. idk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress