Why my apps are not getting locked?

A

AC Question

I am using nexus 4 and since the last update 5.1.1, I am unable to lock my apps. I have an app lock application in my fone which enables lock on selected apps. But now its not working. I tried uninstalling the application and then reinstalling it but still having the same issue. it is really upsetting me. I have also tried restarting my fone so that it might work but NO! its not!. I have also tried to install another app lock application but, not working. Kindly help me regarding this issue.

Hiba Nadeem

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I am using Perfect app lock (app protector). It was working fine before the lollipop update 5.1.1 but after the update, I am unable to lock any of my apps even though it shows that my selected apps are locked. And the same situation is with other app lock applications aswell. I tried to install a different application for app lock but it also didnt work. I have contacted the app developer but no reply yet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since other app lock apps are acting similarly, it's probably some issue with how they work with 5.1.1. At this point, I think all you can do is wait for a response or update from the app developer, or keep trying other apps to see if one of them works with 5.1.1.

Hiba Nadeem

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey there! Thankyou so much for helping me. I have found out one app lock application which says "it supports app locking for android lollipop 5.1.1 . I downloaded it and it worked. You were right. Apps are having some issue working with 5.1.1. An update would resolve that. Thankyou once again.

jagu9853

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm taking the example of aap l;ock.
go to settings then security search for aaps with usage access enable the appliocation you are using, now it's done.
but in aap lock i locked whatsaap while opening it's little delay in showing lock screen. I'm using samsung galaxy on7.
Settings --> Security --> Apps With Usage Access --> Enable AppLock

Gaurav_Goyal27 10

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Hey there! Thankyou so much for helping me. I have found out one app lock application which says "it supports app locking for android lollipop 5.1.1 . I downloaded it and it worked. You were right. Apps are having some issue working with 5.1.1. An update would resolve that. Thankyou once again.

Hii hiba
Can you tell me the name of that app lock because i also have the same problem with the mobile

Last edited by a moderator:

soru1999

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Since other app lock apps are acting similarly, it's probably some issue with how they work with 5.1.1. At this point, I think all you can do is wait for a response or update from the app developer, or keep trying other apps to see if one of them works with 5.1.1.

Try du battery saver locker feauter , this is a solution

Last edited by a moderator:

Shyam Subrahmanya

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
It's not the problem with version ... You can do it by following the steps below

Settings > LockScreen & Security > Other Security Settings > Device administrators

Then Keep the switch to ON for AppLock. This should work.

ofcourse the path depends on your mobile but your moto should be to reach your Device administrator to get this setting done.

Thank you...!!!