Why do my contacts without pictures all have the same picture of some random person?

A

AC Question

I recently noticed that my contacts (from gmail) that do not have pictures associated with them now all have the same picture of a random person that I do not know, and when I open the contact, the larger picture is a cartoon from what appears to be some anime from Japan. I do not know when this happened, and when I look at my contacts online through gmail, everything appears normal. I have searched everywhere on my phone's sd cards and cannot find images that match the ones that are showing up in the contacts/phonebook. I am using an htc one m9.

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to Android Central.

I am guessing that when all the contacts have merged on the phone some generic photo has been attached. Sometimes facebook or apps like that try and merge contacts and quite often they get it wrong. Google always now tries to update contacts if it has them in its d.base. I try and update my gmail contacts manually so it is always right.

Goodluck

Castle Funatake

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
After more digging, it looks like the problem was with a theme that took control of the images for my contacts - at least, the ones that didn't already have an image. Not sure how or why, but I've removed the theme and it seems to have corrected the problem. Guess I will be sticking with the default (boring) theme from now on!

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Doh, at least you found the problem though. My wife didn't have this problem with her theme. I can double check tonight if you like though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress