Confusion about Google Chromecast - Pls Help

A

AC Question

Hello,
I have some confusion regarding Google Chromecast. Please help me understanding this device.
BTW, i have a 2MBPS internet connection at home, Xiaomi Redmi2 Prime Mobile Phone, Planing to buy LED TV 24" [due to lack of space] + Google Chromecast.

My confusions are described below:

1. Can Google chromecast work with any LED TV? I mean how many ports necessary i.e. HDMI & USB and any additional requirements ?

2. My second confusion is Can i access youtube, dailymotion [any video site] using chromecast in my led tv via my home wifi connection????

3. if so then are these services provided freely or are these region based ????

I hope you guys understand what i mean.

Thanks a lot for making such a great & useful website.

Regards

Zekzem

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
1.) Chromecast works with any TV with an HDMI port as long as the Chromecast can connect to your WiFi.

2.) You can Chromecast any YouTube video and most videos in the Chrome Web Browser.

3.) You can Chromecast anything you want for free, as long as you are subscribed to that service. For example, you can't Chromecast Netflix if you aren't subscribed. But, you can Chromecast YouTube for free because YouTube is free.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gobucks1234

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Chromecast requires an ac outlet for power as well.

I was confused how it worked too. The cast is its own little computer that runs its own apps. For instance, if you have watchespn app on your phone and use the cast feature, a little watchespn app downloads to the chromecast to pair the phone app to the cast app.

So after you start the cast, you can actually turn off your phone and chromecast will continue to play on your tv.

Accordingly, companies need to create apps to go on the chromecast for their app to have the cast functionality. So there is only a limited number of apps that have this functionality. (I.e netflix works but Amazon instant video does not)

Oh, it's awesome, get it.