Why does my Samsung Galaxy completely bog down my home internet?

A

AC Question

Hey guys - we purchased two individual Galaxy S6's a few months months ago and I am baffled at why this keeps happening. Whenever either of us turns on the WiFi to connect to my home internet, the online browsing speed instantly becomes painfully slow...both on the device and for the other two main computers connected to my network. Where normally it takes a second to open a webpage from my desktop computer, it can take up to 20 seconds to load the same page when one of the phone has the WiFi on.

I can tell you we have barely touched anything on the phones. Mobile app installation is VERY limited (maybe both of combined installed a total of 7 apps), and we have not 'hacked' anything. We don't even have the Facebook app which I know is a memory hog.

My router is maybe 2 years old. it's a Netgear N150 Wireless Router. Again when the phones aren't connected to it, speeds are never an issue. When either phone is connected, it becomes so frustratingly slow that we turn it off and go with the Mobile Data instead (which I prefer NOT to use if I can avoid it).

I've searched around the forum but can't find a concrete answer. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be happening and/or how I can stop this from continuing?

Thanks in advance!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey, it sounds like the router is to blame. My parents have the same issue, when they have both phones, a tablet, a PC and a chromecast connected to the wifi - it struggles. Speak to your wifi service provider, see if they can assist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress