Why is there so much data in Miscellaneous Files?

A

AC Question

My Galaxy s6 Edge lists just over 25GB in Miscellaneous Files and keeps telling me I am running out of storage. I tried clearing out the files by going in, selecting them all, and deleting them, but even after that there are still 25GB being taken up. I also restarted the phone after doing this cleanup to make sure there was no issue with the system "realizing" that the files were deleted. None of this has solved the issue. Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you use Google Play Music? That can cache a lot of music, depending on the settings. Open Google Play Music, swipe in from the left, tap Settings>Clear Cache.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Those screenshots are very strange. There are no details about who's taking all that storage. Do you remember the biggest files on that list before the cleanup? Something specially big that wasn't removed completely, maybe? Just in case check in settings - apps the info about that video app first on the list.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I think you can open the Miscellaneous screen, iirc.

One possible cause with a solution for non carrier locked Samsung's is to dial *#9090# and Delete dumpstate / logcat files (2nd option on list). Safe to do if you can reach it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol