Why don't I have these settings I am supposed to have?

A

AC Question

Hey, I have a sony xperia m4 aqua and I used to be able to have an easy connection with my PC through USB wire.
But for some reason when I tried it yesterday the PC didn't detect any connection from my pc although it showed on my phone that it was indeed charging through it but didn't do anything else.

So, when I searched for the solution it appears to be that my phone is expired in some way beause it doesn't have the separate "usb connectivity" setting that every other site recommends I turn on.
I then thought I had to update my phone but when I went to the "software update" setting, it said that "your device is up to date".
Or do I have to update something else? What?
I need to get that setting but I dunno how :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you connect via USB, swipe down the notification panel--is there a USB notification there? If so, tap it, and make sure MTP is selected. If you don't see it, try a new cable.

Lulabee

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I made an account.

Of course I do not get any notifications, I'm saying it's like my pc doesn't even ackowledge my phone.
It used to last week tho, it gave a notification and I could choose whatever I wanted but now it only charges.
I tried 3 different USBs, still not working.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Of course I do not get any notifications, I'm saying it's like my pc doesn't even ackowledge my phone.

The reason I ask is that with Marshmallow on my Nexus 5, a USB connection icon doesn't appear in the status bar when connected to the computer via USB. But if I swipe down, the notification is in the panel. Obviously, your phone doesn't have Marshmallow, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't behaving in a similar way.

I would also try a different USB port on the computer, in case the one you're using is faulty somehow.

Try reinstalling the USB driver: Xperia M4 Aqua driver – Developer World

Lulabee

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Tried different ports and reinstalled the driver. Nothing changed.
But can you look into the setting problem please? What I mean is, my phone just doesn't have this option which specifically deals with the USB connection. Maybe it was just some silly update that I couldn't find?
It does charge well so it couldn't be about the wires and ports.

Lulabee

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Damn, you may have found the problem.
But windows 10(that I am using) has some complications with NVIDIA drivers. It is simply impossible to update the latest drivers. Thanks a lot, Microsoft.
People have given up and reinstalled windows 8 to get the latest drivers. I don't know what I'm gonna do now :(
Gonna find a PC forum maybe, haha..
Thanks anyway guys!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Damn, you may have found the problem.
But windows 10(that I am using) has some complications with NVIDIA drivers. It is simply impossible to update the latest drivers. Thanks a lot, Microsoft.
People have given up and reinstalled windows 8 to get the latest drivers. I don't know what I'm gonna do now :(
Gonna find a PC forum maybe, haha..
Thanks anyway guys!
Windows has started to hold on to that signed driver garbage. If it isn't theirs, the OS doesn't like it at all. i would almost suggest getting an inexpensive PC for Linux. Or even using an older machine that isn't turned on often. Linux doesn't need much to run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa