Phone broken black screen but works. Need info off it!!!

A

AC Question

How do I get my important information off a phone with a broken black screeN but phone is fine and I don't have a pc just another phone? Of course no SD card but can't read the screen to do anything its cracked aND black. It powers on charges makes noise etc.

I have contacts most important MESSAGE from my grandma who has died and a some history I need. please someone help. From what I've read you need a pc. I do.not have one. hhhhheeellpppp me pleeaase!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You really need a computer, in which case you could try this method: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...de-accessing-locked-phone-cracked-screen.html. But even then, you can't access text messages as a file. You'd have to first unlock the screen using the above method, then try to mirror the screen to a TV by connecting with an MHL cable (if your phone is compatible). You'd also have to connect a USB mouse via an OTG cable in order to navigate around the phone, so this would require some kind of splitter for the phone's microUSB port (to accommodate both the OTG cable and the MHL cable). I'm not sure if the phone be able to handle both connected at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress