Phone has a cell plan but no active data plan, will Remote Wipe Command work?

A

AC Question

Also, if the gmail accounts have had their passwords changed, and the device that wants to be wiped has the old passwords, will this prevent the Remote Wipe from working?

Finally, can the battery be removed, and the phone be semi booted with a USB connection to avoid the phone from reaching out to the cellular provider and stopping the wipe command from getting executed

thanks

oasis69

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Assuming there is wifi connection established, but a active SIM card in the phone exists, but only a cellular connection is established upon booting the phone, but the data plan has been removed from that cell number, is the cellular provider connection enough, on its own, that having sent a Goggle ADM Wipe command, even though the google account password has been updated, and the phone has the old password, will the google account accept the Wipe Command.

The summary is the phone is in a place where it should never have been left and it was turned off. Passwords were changed by me to avoid any access to accounts and information. A wipe kill command was sent but phone is still off. If the phone is turned on I want it wiped so I have left and active SIM card and cell number so that I can get remote kill access if it is turned on.

Does this make sense and will it work?