How to remove invasive 'Opt Out' Pop Ups?

A

AC Question

Hi fellow techies! As of yesterday, I starting having a problem with what appears to be pop ups showing up randomly on my phone. It is a tiny rectangle that's about 6×1 in cm and has either a small gray x in the top right corner or a gray 'close' option, with an opt out option. It is not limited to popping up only when on a browser. It pops up even in apps and on my home screen, when all apps are closed. Tried Avast antivirus along with Advanced Mobile Care, Airpush detector, and Stopbadapp in hopes of identifying it and removing it, but to no avail...it still persists. I also opted out of ads on Google thinking that was it. Any idea what is causing this? Is it a form of Malware or Adware? How can I get rid of it?

AVH37

Feb 6, 2018
Visit site
Possibly SOLVED

I am running an Android LG V10 and just started receiving pop-ups as of yesterday. Like many of you, I haven't downloaded any new applications recently and have ALWAYS been signed into my Google account with no problems.

(My Background: Server Engineer/Systems Admin)

The culprit for my issue was an app called **MP3 MUSIC PLAYER**. The way I found this out was as follows:

-Closed all open applications
-Open the Usage Manager (should already be installed on your device)
-Go to the APPS section and you will see the number of apps currently running
(Keep in mind that there may be 1 or 2 that are suppose to run in the background depending on what you have installed. For me it was eWeather HD and Secure Hub, those were Safe to run.)
-Notice any apps that are NOT suppose to be running? If so, uninstall them.

Hope this helps ladies and gentlemen.

Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018
Visit site
I deleted my music player and MP3 downloader it stopped. I have had the same music player and down load app for over a year and this has just started. I have not downloaded any new music in months so I do not know what caused it but I that is what fixed it.

Christian VanSkike

Mar 3, 2018
Visit site
I have a Note 8 with the latest Android OS and the same thing is happening to me. Just since the latest update tbh.......it is rather annoying. I even went as far as putting malwarebytes on my phone thing that it's some adware or something. Nothing helped....

Stroke_job

Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
(Solved) How to remove invasive 'Opt Out' Pop Ups?

Just had this happen on my galaxy S8+.
As soon as one of the full screen adds pops up hit the recent apps button. Then you can at least see the icon of the app that is causing the problem.

Mine was an edge panel app pretending to be Pandora.

Spacebabe420

May 13, 2018
Visit site
I randomly started getting the same opt out pop up ads and tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it. Another person said they had a music downloader app that was causing it. I have (had) a music downloader app and lo and behold after uninstalling it the ads stopped. Ive had the app for months now and the ads started today (5/13/18). If you have a MUSIC DOWNLOADER APP DELETE IT.

jody wilson

May 21, 2018
Visit site
Re: Traduzir para português remove invasive 'Opt Out' Pop Ups?

I used the safe mode method that belodion suggested. And it worked for me! Found a app I thought I deleted awhile back. But, it was hiding somehow and that was the culprit. Thank you so much. Couldn't find any other way to fix it.

crousseau99

Jun 4, 2018
Visit site
Hey guys I'm running Galaxy S9+ from AT&T, and was hit with the 'Opt Out' Popups addware that could not be controlled. My issue turned out to be installing the ESPN app last night (so I could watch the NBA FINALS) and almost immediately after the add popups started. It took a while to find which app was causing it, but once I uninstalled ESPN it completely stopped. Thanks hope thi helps someone.

BigAl1949

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site

I had the same problem with customercare-optout ads appearing over and over again. I went to Settings/Apps and found my Chrome app. Then clicked "Force Stop", then cleared the cache and then clicked "Disable". Shortly after clicking Disable I received a message asking if I wanted to install the factory version of this app. I replied yes, let it install. I immediately closed all apps and powered off my phone. When I powered it back on the problem with apps popping up was gone.

Marah West

Jul 19, 2018
Visit site
He's right if u login to Gmail then go to account is go down to the bottom and it'll say add-ons settings and turn them off then scroll down and you'll see where it says go to add choices to control ads from other ads Networks click it.

Patb919

Jun 26, 2018
Visit site
I am having the same problem on
Galaxy Tab A (2017) model SM-T380
Samsung Galaxy SM-G892A ~ S8-Active Phone
Driving me crazy. I can turn WiFi off on my tablet and that helps somewhat, but I cannot turn WiFi off completely on my phone because it switches to mobile WiFi.
Every place I look suggests a different browser. I don't want a different browser. I want something to fix it.
HELP

anna chgt

Jul 23, 2018
Visit site
I think i found out how to do this

Ok so I was having the same problem, but realized that after a week or two they stopped showing up, and noticed that they only started appearing after I had used an app (a cheap Solitaire) that I hadn't opened in a while. So my first piece of advice is to maybe not open one app a day, and see on which day they start to show up.

HERE'S HOW I FOUND OUT WHICH APP WAS PUSHING ADS: on the bottom left of my s7 edge there's two superposed squares that will show you all of the programs that are currently running on your phone. I pressed that button while there was an ad showing on my screen, and sure enough, the heading for that program tab was "Solitaire." So next time an ad pops up, before closing it look at all the programs running on your phone and hopefully it'll show you who's the naughty app giving you stupid popups.

Hope that works!

Jdkck

Jul 29, 2018
Visit site

This happened to me recently and drove me nuts! Opted out of all ads and didn't help. Had to uninstall all apps, except just a few trusted, and that solved the issue immediately. No idea which app was causing the problem though.

Yogeeraaj

Dec 25, 2018
Visit site
How to use the Safe mode? Can anyone help me? I'm struggling with these pop up ads for many days.

Opt-out of mobile recommendations

This link opens if i click the opt out option on the bottom right of the pop up ad. The page says that i should download the opt out app. I downloaded it but it doesn't not install.What to do? Help me plz

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Opt-out of mobile recommendations

This link opens if i click the opt out option on the bottom right of the pop up ad. The page says that i should download the opt out app. I downloaded it but it doesn't not install.What to do? Help me plz

Welcome to Android Central! That looks veeeeeery shady. Did tapping that link actually download an app? I'd uninstall it immediately.

Bobbob181

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
In my android pad the I found the optout "malware" was in the system by using Malwarebytes. I couldn't remove it however I stopped it. I used NoRoot firewall by Grey Shirts. I went into the firewall setting allowed nothing to assess the wifi. Then by trial and error I found that a green droid named system was the problem. Once I blocked it in the firewall my problem solved. This worked for me I hope it helps others, after many days and ready to smash the pad I found the NoRoot firewall was the only thing that worked for me. Good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87