What's the deal with "Download" folder and photos?

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
LG4 Lollipop. None of the photos in "Download" folder in internal storage are available to any of my apps. When I rename the folder to "Download1", or anything but "Download", then all the photos become available again. If I then create a folder named "Download" and put photos in there, then those photos are unavailable.
What is it about the name "Download" that makes a download folder operate precisely the opposite of how it should?

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
LG4 Lollipop. None of the photos in "Download" folder in internal storage are available to any of my apps. When I rename the folder to "Download1", or anything but "Download", then all the photos become available again. If I then create a folder named "Download" and put photos in there, then those photos are unavailable.
What is it about the name "Download" that makes a download folder operate precisely the opposite of how it should?

Posted via the Android Central App

Welcome to Android Central!

It might be something built in to the OS or the photos app to avoid that folder. I know using the Google Photos app it gives you an option to do auto back up on folders and Download is one of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez