Why are my videos freezing?

A

AC Question

Hello.
When i try to play videos via facebook or youtube they start playing and after a few seconds the image stop and the sound is still playing after 3-4 second the image starts playing but its like 3-4 sec behind What can i do?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That sounds like a slow connection between you and the server. (The speed you get is between you and the gateway - the provider has no control over speeds on the internet itself.) About the only things you can do are a) download the entire video (which you can't do on Youtube - it's against their TOS) and watch the downloaded file or b) find a better internet connection (which you can't do on mobile data). (If you're using TMobile's Binge On, that connects you at high speed, then drops to low speed, so the server is trying to stuff data at high speed down a connection that only accepts it at low speed. All you can do is switch carriers - after suing them.)

The only remaining possibility - and that's if you're only getting this on one or two wifi routers - is that the router is set up wrong. Make sure it's AES security, not TKIP or TKIP+AES. Also turn off 5GHz if it's on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? If it came with YouTube preinstalled, see if it plays normally in Safe Mode. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress