pokemon go isnt working on my phone

A

AC Question

I can open the app and it get the screen where it says "NIANTIC" and "the pokémon company". It stays on that screen for about 15 to 20 seconds then the app closes, I tried turning my phone off and on again to see if that would do anything but it didn't help. I then saw there was an update so I updated it and that didn't help so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and it still doesn't want to work. I can never get past that first screen

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Some may say that your device isn't compatible, but if that were the case and you didn't sideload it, then it would tell you in the play store that it wouldn't work.

What device are you using?
Do you have enough space on your device?
Has it worked for you in the past on this specific device or has it never worked?

Does your device use an intel processor? If so, then it will not work as the game is not compatible with devices that use an intel processor.

Please try these things and report back so a member of the forums can help further.

Lee1983j

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Some may say that your device isn't compatible, but if that were the case and you didn't sideload it, then it would tell you in the play store that it wouldn't work.

What device are you using?
Do you have enough space on your device?
Has it worked for you in the past on this specific device or has it never worked?

Does your device use an intel processor? If so, then it will not work as the game is not compatible with devices that use an intel processor.

Please try these things and report back so a member of the forums can help further.

My Droid Bionic is running Android 4.1.2 and can't run Pokemon Go and some other newer apps, if I got Cyanogenmod 11, would that then make my phone compatible to use it? I have never rooted a phone before and I'm not quite sure how to do it and how to get Cyanogenmod 11 on my phone.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I honestly don't think so. You need Android Kitkat and your device is about 5 years old from initial release date. I am not 100% sure that CyanogenMod will correct the issue. Will it make your phone run smoother? Probably. But rooting a device is not something that should be taken lightly and if not done correctly can easily brick your device. (I knew what I was doing and once erased the entire OS from a Nexus). That being said, rooting does have its benefits but I don't think they would help in this case. Per the support page for Pokemon:

Supported devices
Android

Android 4.4 to Android 6.0.1
(Android N will not supported until the official Android release)
Preferred resolution of 720x1280 pixels (Not optimized for tablet)
Strong internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G)
GPS and Location Services
Intel CPUs are not supported
iOS

iPhone 5+
iOS 8+
Strong internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G)
GPS and Location Services
Jailbroken devices are not supported

Your device appears to not meet the display requirements either.
If you are interested in learning about rooting your device, visit the forums here and over at XDA. This will give you a better understanding of rooting. Here is a link to help:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/bionic-rooting-roms-hacks/396046-how-root-your-droid-bionic.html

However, a device upgrade would be the better route to take. Look at the marketplace here and also at sites like swappa that have great deals on devices. For instance, you may be able to get last year's model for a very good price when a new model is announced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa