My phone is not charging with any cable, could there be something wrong with the port in the phone?

A

AC Question

I have had my Droid Turbo 2 since November 2015, the original charger became loose and I had to wiggle it and position it just right to get it to charge, then it just stopped, I can plug it into something else into it and it works fine. So I went to Verizon and bought a new charger, worked great for about a month, then did the same thing as the original charging cable, so I brought it back to Verizon, they just swapped one cable for the same exact same one, well that one started doing the same as the other 2. No matter what usb cable I plug into it, I have to wiggle it and position it just right to get it to work, then it can not be touched or it will stop charging. I think its the phone port, not the cable. Has anyone else had this problem?

mehigh101

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!
You surely deformed the pins inside the port. That's why it's loose
Best regards,Mikey. For any more questions,PM me. I hope you found what you were looking for.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F.

jevalladares

Samsung Galaxy S6 Champion
Q&A Team
Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

I have had this problem many times in the past. the most simple solution is not related to your phone; just buy a new USB cable.

My daughter has had this issue with her tablet and her phone may times in the past, because she uses her phone/tablet when charging eventually damaging the cable. Just try changing the cable with a new one, make sure it's from a reliable maker and not a generic bad quality cable.

Cheers.

Erasmo