Troubles with my SD card on Moto X Play

A

AC Question

I installed a 32 Gb SanDisk card on my Moto X play (running the latest version) and it seemed to work fine initially. however, over couple of days the phone said it cant read card. Thinking of it as a card issue, i reformatted the card and tried again. this time it lasted for few hours and again the phone failed to recognize the card.

Assuming this to be a faulty card issue, I bought a new one and did the same thing over again with the same results. when formatted the card and used it on my PC they work perfectly fine, however with Moto, in Android format they are recognised by the phone only for a few hours before they vanish.

I am assuming this to be some application glitch but not able to zero down on one. any help is good.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the card as Internal (adoptable) Storage, or portable storage?

Did you buy the cards from the same place? If they were from the same online seller, I would not rule out the possibility that they're selling a bunch of counterfeit cards.

CJ_basrai

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Apparently I had to register for posting a reply :)

anyhow: Yes I did that basic ruling out... cards were purchased from different vendors.

I tried digging some system information for that however could not find anything specific. had it not been my phone I would have literally put it in debug mode and did some digging around it but who can tell a "wife". ;-)

CJ_basrai

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Pretty new - just 6 months in and apparently the problem has been there since early on. I am actually planning to bang Motorola doors.

no exposure as such which may suggest a short circuit. And the cards work for 3 hours to 1 day period. so I am ruling out that kind of issue. seems to me to be an application issue or a manufacturing defect (maybe)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch