Cannot connect to camera error.

A

AC Question

Hello everyone,recently I've been encountering a very peculiar problem with my phone camera. (HTC Desire 816)

When I try to open the camera ,it shows a message saying 'Cannot connect to camera'.
I've tried rebooting my phone several times which has never worked.
Then it came to my attention that the default camera app is not even listed under 'All apps' in settings.This was very strange to see so I tried to dig in more information but nothing worked for me.
I also happened to notice that when I open camera and hit multitask , the camera does appear on the window and when I hold it and click app info, it takes me to the 'Gallery' settings under apps. (Something to do with no camera app being listed)

Your help will be apprecited :)

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Check the app manager and locate the camera (if there is one) force stop / disable etc. If no camera app is listed, try this link from Google Play:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.htc.camera&hl=en&token=keWXmYs0

just wondering and based on past complaints about similar occurrences.. Was the camera working before the new app was installed and stopped working after those app's were installed. Just trying to pin point when the camera may have stop functioning correctly based on if anything new was added or updated.

But please do not feel you're the only one with this issue. Web search shows other having the same trouble.. Might be time to submit an email to HTC

TrotterBoss

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Check the app manager and locate the camera (if there is one) force stop / disable etc. If no camera app is listed, try this link from Google Play:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.htc.camera&hl=en&token=2b8fxB41

just wondering and based on past complaints about similar occurrences.. Was the camera working before the new app was installed and stopped working after those app's were installed. Just trying to pin point when the camera may have stop functioning correctly based on if anything new was added or updated.

But please do not feel you're the only one with this issue. Web search shows other having the same trouble.. Might be time to submit an email to HTC

Thanks for the quick reply :) , yes that question was asked by me.

The new app was never compatible with my phone.The Desire 816 is an older model and still runs on KitKat.Was planning to change my device soon for a new one but stuck up a bit at the moment.

Also on a sidenote, my flashlight also doesn't work, like anything related to the camera doesn't work. Is this something to do with the hardware by any chance?