Asus Memo Pad 7 ME176CX won't boot up, please help?

A

AC Question

I uninstalled Xposed Framework and it said that i have to reboot tablet, which i did. Then, it got stuck on spinning dots on Asus logo on boot up. I could go to fastboot mode but option to Normal Boot didn't work, Recovery Mode option said Error, so, because it was 100% full battery, i just let it on spinning dots until battery drained. Then i let it charge for a while and when i pressef power button i saw only flashing black screen. No Asus logo, no fastboot, PC doesn't recognizes it. When i only push(not hold) power button it flashes, also when it is on charger. Only flashing black screen. Please help me, and sorry for long description.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
So.... depending on what, exactly, happened here you may not like this answer. When you plug the device in (turned off), do you see any kind of "charging" indicator? Like the notification LED lighting up, or the screen showing a battery filling?

If not, it's possible you damaged the firmware to a point that it's not even able to charge the battery. That's fairly rare, but it's not impossible.

Can you boot to Recovery? If you can, do a factory reset.

The only other option would be to look for a way to flash the original firmware back onto the device from a laptop or computer, if that's even possible with this tablet.

I wish I could offer more. Good luck.

darker246

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, well, i was able to see battery indicator, to boot into fastboot but when i tried recovery mode, it said Error with android guy holding red excamation mark... now the only thing i see is black screen, it is light, not like when it is turned off, but lights black... please help me, i don't want to lose my stuff flashing other rom...

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
If you are able to get into Fastboot, then you *might* be able to recover your data using ADB console from a PC. I found this link for a tool that *might* make it easier to get your data without having to type all the ADB commands. Not sure it will work for you, but it's worth a shot.
[TOOL] ADB Data Recovery (recover data from … | Development Tools

This link details how to pull files from a device, using the ADB command line:
How to Push and Pull Files on Android using the ADB commands

I also found this video which shows how to restore the original factory image, which it what you are almost certainly going to have to do to get the device booting again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCEBLOyGJgQ

Let us know if you have more questions, or run into issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa