Mute the Caller, Not Myself?

A

AC Question

It's always obvious how to mute MY voice, so the caller can't hear it during the call.

But how does one do the opposite? Mute the caller, so that I can't hear them?

For example, I have a daily conference call for my client, and call in early in order to not forget to call in precisely on time. But the hold music is catastrophically bad, and only three different songs, which means that after a year of calls, the hold music now gets stuck in my head if I call in early.

I want to simply mute the caller audio, but for some reason how to do that is not obvious. Surely wanting to mute the caller, while more rare than vice-versa, is still a thing that people do on occasion.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can lower the volume button - all the way to zero if you want - but as Pugs said, how do you know when to turn it back up? What if the client is a few seconds early? (Maybe just turning it way down will keep it from getting stuck in your head will work - just not so far that you can't her when it stops.)

Kaz Vorpal

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't matter if someone shows up early. I just have to unmute the call at the right time. But it's still easier to call in early and think to unmute on time, than to try to remember to call in on time directly. Especially when the crappy webex service can take a minute to get through, or even bug out and require dialing in more than once.

And there are undoubtedly other people with other reasons to want to mute the caller, as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11