How do I get better battery life?

Cab1230

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and my battery life Is not as everyone else is claiming to get. I am just wandering if mine is defective or what? I am currently on 14 hrs usage with 31% left. Although my screen on time is barely 2 hrs.. is that bad?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
That's actually not bad to be honest. There are many variables with battery use, signal strength, screen brightness, the number of apps you use, the screen timeout.. The screen is the biggest battery hog, make your timeout short is the first step. If you need more details, let us know and we'll link you to a few articles on the forums here that go into it a lot deeper...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, recharge at 40% minimum (50% is better). Don't keep bringing the battery down to 30%. (You can get a lot more life by letting it run until the phone shuts off - but at the cost of replacing the battery every few months. Lithium batteries are not deep-discharge devices.)

Second - how long your particular phone will run from 100% to 40% depends on a few things - like what's running in the background. You can't compare phones and expect battery life to be the same, or even close. Most people would be happy if they could get 100%-40% in 8 hours.