Hi,

I sold my Samsung Galaxy Edge 64 GB for $250 through OfferUp a month ago to a local buyer. We met at a nearby store and exchanged the phone and cash. I gave him the phone in original box with IMEI number and etc. Checked with him after 2 days, if everything was fine. He said yes and happy with the phone. But after a week, he reached out to me and said that the phone is broken and many things are not working. After a brief exchange of messages, I offered him full refund.

We met at the same store. But he returned the phone in an empty box (without IMEI number).

I did not use the phone for a week but when I tried using the phone today it threw an error that the owner has locked the device and that I need to use his id for logging in. He is not returning my calls nor responding to my messages in OfferUp.

I am not worried about recovering the cost of the phone but - more than that - I feel cheated and am very upset. How can I make him unlock the device -- all I have his OfferUp id, phone number?

Can I file a compliant with a nearby police station --- would they even care?

Thanks
    03-03-2017 10:46 PM
    This is a bad story my friend. You were doing the Honourable thing and it just didn't work. I'm not sure what your legal standing is here, probably none sadly. I applaud you for your integrity!
    03-04-2017 02:19 AM