transfer apps to new memory card

A

AC Question

I had an 8gn memory card and for an unknown reason my phone told me to format it cause it was corrupt. So I removed the card and instead installed a 4gb. I have just now reinstalled the 8gb in my phone. It still said that it was corrupt and I had to format it. all the apps that were on it are showing on phone screen but they are ghosted. The apps from the smaller memory card are still there. How can I get apps that are there on the screen in ghostly image to my 8gn memory card as that is where they had been installed originally

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you had moved apps to the 4 GB card, and then removed the card, they wouldn't be functional either. So the ones that you still see as available are probably not moved to the SD.

The ghostly icons you're mentioning are broken links. If those apps had been moved to the 8 GB card, and then the card corrupted and was re-formatted, then that data is lost. (Remember that moving apps to SD only moves a portion of the app, not the whole thing.) To move the apps to SD again, you'll have to completely uninstall them from the phone first (in Settings>Apps), then reinstall them, and then move them back to SD again.