Why is this "silent mode" screen coming up?

A

AC Question

When I plug in or unplug my phone from a charger whole it's on silent, a screen saying "good morning" pops up with a different wallpaper. It says slide to unlock on the bottom (I have my phone set to a fingerprint and pin). It has only the option to mute it from the options in the top right. In the center it says how the phone is in silent mode and mentions how I might miss calls and gives me the options to put the ringer on or not. I didn't change any settings recently for this screen to pop up.

Lookingood729

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue on the galaxy s6. Noticed it just after the most recent update a few days ago. I haven't touched any settings but when I plug in the charger same thing happens. Says it's in silent mode.

Chris Lumanlan

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
I have been looking all day for some sort of way to get rid of this problem.

I didn't even know there was an update that happened on my galaxy s6. All I know is this shows up everytime I plug or unplug my phone from a charger. I really hope this gets resolved because it's honestly quite annoying to deal with.

sdhobbs

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
The same thing started happening with my S6 yesterday. This morning when my alarm went off at 4:30, I could not turn off the alarm because of the new screen. This is a problem because my husband does not get up at 4:30. Also, I don't like my phone being so easy to unlock. Why have a password if the phone will let anyone unlock it after it has been on the charger. Someone please tell us how to turn this feature off.

L0N3W0LF911

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
What about those of us who use peel? Any idea how this silent mode actually works? I don't mind it I just don't know how to use it, I can never find out exactly how to activate it and it doesn't happen every time. Mine doesn't override my lockscreen, it says swipe to unlock but that just takes me to my regular lock screen. Any help is appreciated

ez2m

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
What about those of us who use peel?
You're free to use it if you want to, but I thought I should I mention that when I went to disable Peel due to this issue I was surprised to see that it had also been the largest drain on my battery (moreso than the screen/OS, even) since charging despite me having not used the app. I'm not an expert but I know there are certainly other apps available that provide TV remote capabilities, which I do like to have on my phone in case I want it. I'm sure there's an option available that works well, without making its users feel harassed.

Goatboy1974

May 3, 2017
Visit site
I'm also having the same issue. It's bloody annoying. I set it to silent, the operating system doesn't need to endlessly tell me it's in silent. Whoever thought of this "helpful" notice should possibly be shot? Harsh I realise but really . . .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shao61