Wqhy is this notification on my pull-down screen? It's been here for about a week now.

A

AC Question

It says "Device Management is running - System Update is ready....."

I've looked around to see if I have an app called "device management" and don't see anything. I know I've not requested any system updates on apps that I use. This thing won't go away, it's there every time I pull up down my notification screen. And I won't click on "update" when I don't know what it's going to update or what it's for. I do, however, want it gone from my screen. Thank you for any help you can offer. Debbie

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
It says "Device Management is running - System Update is ready....."

I've looked around to see if I have an app called "device management" and don't see anything. I know I've not requested any system updates on apps that I use. This thing won't go away, it's there every time I pull up down my notification screen. And I won't click on "update" when I don't know what it's going to update or what it's for. I do, however, want it gone from my screen. Thank you for any help you can offer. Debbie

Welcome to Android Central. You didn't specify which device you have, but it may be an update to the operating system itself, i.e., from Android Marshmallow to Android Nougat.

You should be able to tap on the upgrade notification and find out what the actual update is for. Most of the time, there is an option to "Update Now" or "Update Later".

The notification, if It's for the OS update, will probably keep popping up until you do the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress