HTC Sense has stopped working + More!

A

AC Question

Okay, so, here's the story: My HTC One M8 ran out of battery (at 20%, annoyingly), and when I got home, I chucked it on charge.

I let it charge a bit, and then tried to turn it on. When it booted up, it has the error message saying "HTC Sense Home has stopped", and loops that message. However, in between those error messages there's a few others. Some are things like Gmail, Google Play Store, and also com.google.process.gapps.

Even after clearing the phone's cache, and booting in safe mode, I'm still getting these issues, and can't use the phone at all right now. I know I can factory reset, but I'd rather not if I can avoid doing it.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Final detail, it's not a rooted phone, just a standard HTC One M8.

Thanks!

Henkhenkhenk

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
Found a fix. Apparently Google Play services, Gmail and other Google apps collided with Sense Home. It's a software problem.

So I went to safe mode. Then settings, then apps. There I stopped and disabled all Google apps. This was a pain because every split second a new error message appeared. So you'll have to tap like a maniac. But in the end the messages stopped.

Obviously you can't leave those apps disabled. So I reinstalled those apps by removing the updates and reinstalling them. No factory reset needed.

Cheers!