Samsung S6 Edge will not charge through port?

A

AC Question

My phone will only charge with the wireless pad. I tried restarting my phone, switching chargers, cleaning the port, and putting it into safety mode but nothing works. Is there something wrong with the charging port? In order to fix this, would I have to replace my charging port and/or battery?
Also, under the battery settings, most of my battery life is being consumed by the device being idle. What can I do to reduce the percentage of battery life it uses?
Thank you!!!

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I have always used wireless charging, due in part to how easily worn the micro usb port is. Have you tried to hook up the phone to a computer? If that didn't work then it would pretty much indicate the port was defective as you've done everything I would have tried. And yes, if defective it would mean a fairly significant repair. If you can charge okay wirelessly, then the battery is still okay and I wouldn't worry about the port. If you don't do much with the phone then the biggest draw would be device idle. That is actually good as it indicates you don't have some app sucking mobile data and also using the battery. Not much you can do other than turning off pretty much everything the phone is designed to do :)

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa