Battery drain

A

AC Question

Hi guys.
Does anyone here know what is (phone idle) in battery screen, and how to reduce its usage to the battery, because this is draining more than half my battery life each time.
And recently something new has started to drain the battery, it's (cell standby), I have full signal All the time and everything is off including radio and mobile data just WiFi on but it keeps saying mobile radio active, anyone knows how to deactivate this mobile radio or anything that can help.
Thanks in advance and sorry for the long article.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Phone idle is the percentage of time the phone isn't doing anything. It's not battery drain.

Cell standby might. Tap the graph at the top to get to the next page, then look at the bottom for the mobile signal line. If it's not solid green, it's not "full signal".

Which mobile radio? If you mean the Phone idle thing, that's not active, it's an indication of inactivity.

As far as how long the battery should last between charges, that depends on how far you usually let it discharge discharge before recharging, and how old it is.

Bashaar ab

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for the answer "rukbat".
My friend my phone doesn't drain battery while idle and this is why I ask about (phone idle) cause it's draining my battery so much and I don't know how to reduce this.
And about radio active, this appears when I press on (cell standby) where it says (time without signal 0%)and(mobile radio active 7h)so I need to stop this (mobile radio) but I don't open it actually and even when I force stop it, it will run again

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You don't stop mobile radio. That's the antenna for your signal. If you turn off mobile radio, you won't be able to receive calls or messages.

Also, it depends on how you are looking at the battery drain. How long does your battery last? If everything is off, then phone idle will be the biggest user of the battery. That's normal. What you should look at is how much battery is consumed per hour. It would be better if you post screenshots of your battery stats. But it's perfectly normal to have phone idle as the highest battery consumer.

Bashaar ab

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
My friend
Some times it consumes 40to50%per hour. I don't think this is normal. And sorry that I can't post screenshots. Anyway how am I supposed to turn off this radio. I have tried using airplane mode but nothing changed.
And thanks for your answer

Bashaar ab

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
Sorry, this won't happen cause I don't use the so much because of this problem. Thanks for the help.
I just wanna know now how to stop this (mobile radio) from draining the battery because there wasn't something like that before, it only started a few days ago and I didn't change the way I use my phone.
Thanks again

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Again I need to see the battery graph to see if you are reading it wrong. Turning off mobile radio makes the phone useless. Mobile radio is the antenna of the phone. If you turn it off, it won't be able to make or receive calls anymore.

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
well well .. i almost create a new treat about this, im worried about the security and integrity of my phone so im always checking the data usage and the battery drain, when battery drain fast the system show always the same 2 thing with the high %% of battery USE... "Screen and PHONE IDLE" .... next but not close is always Android system

Any clue?

Bashaar ab

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
Thanks.
Here is the battery graph
See how it is totally straight while I am not using the phone and suddenly it goes down very fast when I start using the phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170811-182653.jpg
    Screenshot_20170811-182653.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 7

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Phone idle is the time that the phone wasn't using much battery. If you use 57% in 10 hours, you're getting better performance than most people - they complain that the battery is almost dead after 8 hours. Your phone appears to be working pretty well - almost solid green mobile network signal and the phone is only awake when the screen is on. Just make sure that you charge it before it drops below 40% if you want the battery to last long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress