[MEGATHREAD] How do I turn on "Connect to URL"

A

AC Question

When sent a web address via text message, I cannot connect to it and instead get the message above. However, when I go to 'settings' on my LGG2, there is no option to turn on URL. Can anyone help me to be able to open web pages sent via text?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re: [MEGATHREAD] How do I turn on "Connect to URL"

I'm just going to close this thread. Anyone else who plans on replying to this thread with yet another "how do I turn on URL" question, please read through the thread.

A

Android Central Question

That's my question. How do i connect to url setting

When it comes to a text and a website comes with it. It tells me connect my url in my settings

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: That's my question. How do i connect to url setting

Welcome to the forums. What phone do you have and which Android version is it running? Usually you can find the option to enable this feature in your messaging app settings, the right steps will vary depending on your device.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: That's my question. How do i connect to url setting

By the sentence "that's my question", are you referring to this (locked) thread? https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/825264-how-do-i-turn-url-my-phone.html

We never got responses from folks asking for help with this to really get to the bottom of what's going on so we could provide solid advice on what to do. I would be very interested to see a screenshot of this message (as was asked for in that thread but never received), as well as more info about what phone, version of Android and text app this is happening with.

Please note that screenshots not in English are not much help to me. While I realize this is an International website, the primary language here is English and I am from the US.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

NickiNicole43

Jan 22, 2019
Visit site
I keep getting an error message as well stating that I have to go to settings to connect to a URL, first of all what does URL stand for, an how am I able to that because the very thing I'm trying to do wnt allow me to without doin so!

Me too! Please help an why is it sending the error message in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do I connect to my url through my settings?

I keep getting an error message as well stating that I have to go to settings to connect to a URL, first of all what does URL stand for, an how am I able to that because the very thing I'm trying to do wnt allow me to without doin so!
Welcome to the forums. What phone do you have? What are you doing when you get this error? Can you post a screenshot? A similar error happens in some LG devices when using the messages app, is that your case?

slipes

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site

Welcome to the forums. What phone do you have? What are you doing when you get this error? Can you post a screenshot? A similar error happens in some LG devices when using the messages app, is that your case?

I have a LG stylest and I got a message in messenger and in order to open it it shows me that statement. I can't snapshot it because it come up for like 3 seconds and it's gone.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I have a LG stylest and I got a message in messenger and in order to open it it shows me that statement. I can't snapshot it because it come up for like 3 seconds and it's gone.
Welcome to the forums. Have you already tried the steps posted by B. Diddy above?

slipes

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
I can't do that

Yes that is the case

Welcome to Android Central! Can you give more details? Which phone, and which app are you using when you see this message?

I have an LG STYLEST AND I am on messaging texting and if someone responds and says go here to see whatever when I try to open it up it says connect to url.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I Connect to url in settings?

What's the exact model name or number? There is no "LG Stylest." There's the Stylo and Stylus series, and each has a few different generations.

Just to be sure -- as instructed in the previously linked article, you've already tried opening your Messaging app, tapping Menu>Settings, and looking for a Connect to URL option there?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to turn on URL when you don't have that choice in settings

Welcome to Android Central! Where have you looked so far?

Which LG phone do you have? Cricket is the wireless provider, not the name of the phone.

Beth Walker3

Sep 25, 2019
Visit site
What's the exact model name or number? There is no "LG Stylest." There's the Stylo and Stylus series, and each has a few different generations.

Just to be sure -- as instructed in the previously linked article, you've already tried opening your Messaging app, tapping Menu>Settings, and looking for a Connect to URL option there?

I have a message for a loan place that my phone, Stylo 4, pops up saying to set up URL settings? If this helps? I asked who they are and they haven't answered. Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I Connect to url in settings?

Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that's what their text message says? Or are you saying that the message includes a link, and when you tap the link, the phone gives you a system message saying something about URL settings?

If you have no business with that loan place, then it's clearly spam. I wouldn't even bother with it and delete the message thread. If possible, block the number as well.