problem with emoji (getting back to old versions? possible?)

venq

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
My problem is as follows, i'm user of certain social application, today i noticed there is update of it and after that my old emoji look changed. People say it's because google changed their look but one of my friends say emojis didn't change and look the same. This social apk has enchanced emoji support but turning it on doiesn't help either. Could it be because I didn't update google keyboard or something? Any ideas or suggestions about this?

I included screenshots of how each version of emoji look for me.

I have android 4.4.2 version and my tablet's model is Lenovo Tab 2 A7-30D.*

Attachments

• no enchanced emoji support.jpg
    no enchanced emoji support.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 8

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The emoji that you see on your phone is the picture that is installed on your phone. Your friends see the emoji that is installed on their phone. When you send the smile :) in a message the message contains the character code for "emoji 166". As long as your phone or app has a picture for "emoji 166" you will see that picture when viewing that message.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As far as getting the old version back, you can't unless you backed the old version of the keyboard up. Then you can back up the new version, uninstall it and install the old version. (Just make sure that you have some keyboard working [even a USB keyboard connected through an OTG cable] while doing this, in case you have to type something to get it to uninstall or install.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer