I have two batteries. When I switch them, percentage remain the same!

Torgut

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Recently bought a new battery from eBay. Well, the moment I charged it and it went 100% in a matter of one hours I thought something was wrong with it. Then it would drop 1% every 2 minutes. I concluded it was a counterfeit.

The problem is that now, when I switch the battery, the percentage showing on the mobile is the same. Like the data is locked on the phone. And it drops a lot, no matter if I try the old original battery or the new one. Any hints? I am truly puzzled.

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. :)

Does the percentage fall with no use of the phone?

When you change batteries, does the percentage change after a Power Off & Restart?

Torgut

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
hey drop when it's idle, yes, perhaps not as fast. But the intriguing thing is the way the percentage is bond to the phone, no matter which battery I insert.

The percentage does not change after power of and on, even if I switch the batteries. It goes on dropping too fast after that.

Torgut

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
It goes on. It's like one battery - the good one - decided to mimic the bad one. When I switch them, the percentage available of the bad one stays, and the behavior of the good one is now similar to the bad one. Drops really fast.