I've had experience with this before, but this time it just isn't going away. I start with the video in portrait mode, and turn my phone landscape to go fullscreen. Normally I would then press the lower right icon to exit full screen and what was left of the video would play in a little window in the bottom right corner while I could look up something else. If it makes any difference I'm using an LG LEON, and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    12-19-2017 12:05 AM
    On my LG V30, the YouTube app seems to get confused/ignore orientation of the phone at times.
    Not sure if it is an LG bug or a YouTube bug.
    12-19-2017 01:43 AM
    I have the same issue on my Pixel XL and Media Pad M3. The search bit of YouTube only works in portrait. Playing video full screen is no problem it will switch between portrait and landscape with the orientation of the device, but as soon as I go back to search it's stuck in portrait regardless of the device's orientation.
    01-02-2018 10:04 AM
    I had the same issue with you on my huawei tablet. Turns out there is a small v shaped arrow on the left of the video title, when watching in landscape mode. Pressing that will allow you to search for other stuff while retaining landscape mode. So just press that instead of the usual bottom right button. Hope this helps you.
    A Bochur likes this.
    01-28-2018 05:55 PM