Why do my apps close on their own?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

2017-12-24 Simple Meno Calendar Share : Title apps close on thier own.Hello! I'm having problems with this tablet. It's an Emerson em756 which is a very low end bottom of the barrel device. My apps keep closing and going to home screen unexpectedly. The tab is rooted btw. (Kingroot) I went to settings and cleared cache several times. I don't use task killers or speed boosters, and I avoid any app that has a rocket ship in it. (i'm about to uninstall purify.) I'm at my wits end with this thing. I should try to sell it, but before I do, Is there any solution out there? Sometimes when apps close the task manager comes up as if i had long pressed the home circle button. on top of that it keeps asking for default launcher even when i hit always after selecting nova. I can play a game for anywhere from 2-7 min and it goes back to home screen with no crash message. Is it because of ram or is it the default launcher thats causing it? which is launcher 3 home. I removed most of the bloatware including android system webview. I mostly use emulators for games. firefox focus is my default browser and it goes to home screen after a few minutes. It would be fine if I could re open the app and continue, but it doesn't save any work and i have to start over or save a game every two minutes to keep up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There are a few things that could cause this, but too little RAM can cause apps to close. Android's memory management will close apps, even if they are active, if it determines there is too little RAM left, it'll shut down everything it can. Phones don't use virtual memory (storage as RAM) like desktops do... What you have is all you have.

So if you have a device with very little memory to begin with, if things aren't optimized really well, you might have to reboot often to clear things out

A

Android Central Question

Hello i posted about this on a perevious thread but couldnt reply, when i go to running apps and select cached processes there is nothing to show. the system keeps dumping apps from memory. Why is this?

Rycky91

Dec 30, 2017
Visit site
Hello! I have searched everywhere with no help. It's an emerson em756 and my apps crash frequently and\or reset when switching apps. Has anyone heard of an android device with no cached processes? Surely I'm not the only one with this problem. I have 235 mb free ram but my apps run for 2-7 min then go back to home screen with no crash message. Sometimes the built in task manager comes up out of nowhere showing the windows of all apps that I opened. I am rooted with kingroot and I uninstalled android system webview plus most of the bloatware. I avoid task killers, ram boosters, and any app that has a rocketship or a broom. I am annoyed because I can't resume my games or browsing. I have to start over because there is no cached process.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That tablet only has 512 MB of RAM, which is extremely paltry these days. It may be that the system just can't handle most modern apps. Or the firmware could be really glitchy, considering it's a low budget device from a company not known for quality. The reviews on Amazon are terrible, so you're probably not the only person who has had issues with this model. Sorry, I know this isn't a solution, but there probably isn't a good one available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699