Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 won't open after failed flash of firmware

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi! I have a major issue. I received a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 as a parting gift from my mum last year. My friend broke it when I lent it to her, tried fixing the screen but it made it just worse. Long story short, I had to get a brand new tablet, but since I live in china they only had this chinese model. It's samsung and all, but the firmware sucks so I wanted to flash it to an european one. I downloaded a firmware, downloaded odin on a friend's computer but it didn't work. It stayed in the green/blue screen. since internet connection sucks here, I left it like that until this weekend when I was planning to try again with another software. Tonight, I spilled a quarter of juice on the table and it got to the tablet. It wasn't much, but there was some on it. after i dried it, I tried to open it but it didn't work. It hadn't worked before either. After charging it a bit, the screen flashed and turned black. I don't think there's any water damage inside, but I don't know how to turn it on anymore and I'm desperate. Can someone please explain to me if the issue is connected to the fact that I failed to flash it and left it like that? or if there's a big chance I actually ****ed the device (sorry for the language)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there's any water damage inside
You think wrong. Not only is there water damage, there's damage from various chemicals in the juice.

after i dried it
Good way to kill an electronic device. The water dried, so the chemicals are now concentrated. Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet! in case you ever get another device wet.

After charging it a bit, the screen flashed and turned black.
So after killing it, you electrocuted it.

Can someone please explain to me if the issue is connected to the fact that I failed to flash it and left it like that?
That was the issue - before you spilled the juice on it. Not leaving it, just flashing the wrong firmware. At that point, if you couldn't get it back into download mode, it would have had to go to someone with a JTAG device that could handle the particular tablet. (If you would have been able to get it into download mode, you could have flashed the correct firmware - which would be the Chinese firmware.)

or if there's a big chance I actually ****ed the device
A chance? More like a certainty. Sorry. The price to have someone open it, remove the motherboard (which is now garbage), clean everything that doesn't have to be replaced, and installing a new motherboard (with a Chinese ROM) would most likely be more than the price of a new tablet. Automated assembly is a lot cheaper than manual skilled labor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez