Moving stuff to new phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an old LG G3 and have a new Xiaomi Mi A1 waiting to get going, i know there are apps to move contacts and sms over to new phone but i'm lookinfg for something that will allow me to move over my username and passwords for other apps like yahoo mail or Flipboard/twitter/instagram/ebay etc etc, doea anyone know of an app that can do that or at the very least exprt them to a text file or even email the info to me, I'm NOT happy to back up anything to google

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can copy your contacts up by using Google (I don't know why you're worried - they're anal when it comes to security). Usernames and passwords for apps? Helium. But if the phones aren't rooted, you'll need a Windows box of some sort to get it running. Back up the data on the LG, install the apps on the Xi, then restore the data on the Xi. (You can use Helium to back up the apps, or you can use my favorite, App Backup & Restore, because it backs them up as .apk files, so you can install them from a file manager if you should ever have the need.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87