Chevy Mylink and Android Auto issue

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am having a strange issue with AA (I believe) When I start AA, it works perfectly. Once I plug the phone into USB, it pops up on the screen like it's supposed to. Music and phone calls are no problem. When I start either Maps or Waze, the GPS signal cuts out as soon as the phone screen goes blank. If I press the button on the phone the GPS picks up a signal almost instantly. Is there a way to keep the phone's screen from going into "sleep" mode? Or is it an issue with the radio?

Galaxy s7 edge
VZE network
Latest update for the phone and radio.
2016 Colorado

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It has to be something strange, because I almost always use Maps in my car with BT (and a radio app playing in the background, which Maps quiets when it gives me directions). (No AA - if the text is important enough, I'll read it when I stop driving. If it's a phone call I tap a button on the phone and I've answered it. Anything else isn't important enough for me to worry about.)

donasdux

Jan 28, 2018
Visit site
It has to be something strange, because I almost always use Maps in my car with BT (and a radio app playing in the background, which Maps quiets when it gives me directions). (No AA - if the text is important enough, I'll read it when I stop driving. If it's a phone call I tap a button on the phone and I've answered it. Anything else isn't important enough for me to worry about.)

It happens with either Maps or Waze; as soon as the AA splash screen disappears the GPS stops working. If I hit the home button, and bring up the screen, GPS connects instantly.