Can someone identify this icon?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

This is slightly embarrassing but I’m asking none the less. My partner sent me a screen shot today and there is a notification icon at the top of the screen (two overlapping hearts). Is anyone able to identify this? I’m in an ldr so I’m not able to check physically. He’s sleeping right now so I can ask when he wakes I just wanted some peace of mind. If anyone can help I would be very grateful. Thanks

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Hmm, that could be a variety of things. My first thought was a fitness app like Google Fit. Does it look like this? You did say it was two hearts, though.

Attachments

• 40270.jpg
    40270.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 15

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
OP here, thought I had logged in clearly hadn’t! Thanks for your reply. I’ll attach a photo. It’s the top right icon

Oh great, thank you for the screenshot! Hmm, well, I looked through a bunch of fitness, heart rate, and dating apps (anything that would have a heart in it) and that image is not coming up. What kind of phone does he have? If it's an iPhone, perhaps that is a fitness app that I just don't recognize because it's not Google Play Store-oriented.

aperfectfool

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
He has a galaxy of some sort, I cannot remember the model. I tried looking for various things it could be and came up with the same information as you. I saw the pof icon and it’s slightly different (the hearts are a different shape) but I wasn’t sure if the icons are something that can be changed. Thanks again for your help.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
He has a galaxy of some sort, I cannot remember the model. I tried looking for various things it could be and came up with the same information as you. I saw the pof icon and it’s slightly different (the hearts are a different shape) but I wasn’t sure if the icons are something that can be changed. Thanks again for your help.

Unless he has a specific launcher/operating system installed, perhaps he could change them; but official icons like fitness and dating apps, etc can't be drastically changed from what I understand.

My advice would be to ask him if you are concerned. But again, I couldn't find that icon anywhere. Take care! :)

Eugene2622

Mar 13, 2019
Visit site
Unless he has a specific launcher/operating system installed, perhaps he could change them; but official icons like fitness and dating apps, etc can't be drastically changed from what I understand.

My advice would be to ask him if you are concerned. But again, I couldn't find that icon anywhere. Take care! :)

Hi there... just wondering if what this icon is, or what app it's from was ever resolved? Thanks :)

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The icon in the image attached in post 3 looks like some weather app. The best way to determine what app an icon is associated with, especially one in the notification bar, is to swipe down the notification bar and look at the items in the notification drawer. You can then long-press on the associated notification and get app info, or just tap on it to open the app.