How do I keep the ability to have photos be sorted by the date taken when I copy or move them to sd

SansaraNirvana

Jan 14, 2018
Visit site
I copied photos from my Samsung Galaxy s8 plus' internal memory to an external sd card and when I choose to sort the photos by date in the menu it sorts by the date the photos were copied not the date the photos were taken. Although the date each photo was taken does actually show up in the list of the photos with a thumbnail of the photo, unfortunately they are not sorted within the date transferred to the sd card by the date taken... It is all randomly placed under the date transferred to the sd card. Is there any way to not have the date transferred to the sd card show up or matter when I click on sort by date, because what matters to me is having all my photos grouped together and in order by the date taken? Is there an app that will correctly sort them once the photos are on the sd card? Or do I need to do something before I transfer the photos from the phone's memory to the sd card to retain the order by the date the photo was taken, regardless of the date I transferred the photos to the sd card?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez