Looking for a simple music player

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,

New to android and I am looking for an easy, simple mp3 player. I tried the app that is bundled with the phone and it wants all kinds of weird permissions, like access to phonecalls, sms texts, etc ... I don't need that.

Just want something that will play mp3s that I already own on my device, not streaming, not free music. I don't want any ads, in app purchases or any kind of data snooping.

i don't mind paying a small fee if there are no free versions available.

I did try something called "musicolet" which is supposed to be ad free, but that is a lie.

Thanks for your help

Maulik Raviya

Feb 1, 2018
Visit site
Musicolet doesn't have any ads. I am using it for last 2 years. It is completely af-free. Moreover, It don't have internet permission (network access permission), so technically it can't use internet. So it can't load ad (or anything) from internet at all. There must be some other app in your device which is showing ads on top of other apps.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
What phone do you have? I find it weird that the bundled music player would ask for sms permissions but some of the others are fine. For example the permissiom for phone call status is needed to the app will detect a phone call and pause itself.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A good developer will often explain required permissions in the app description in the Google Play Store.

I've always liked MortPlayer Music as a basic no-nonsense music player. And the developer explains clearly what the permissions are for.

Helen Turner

Jun 26, 2018
Visit site
Musicolet doesn't have any ads. I am using it for last 2 years. It is completely af-free. Moreover, It don't have internet permission (network access permission), so technically it can't use internet. So it can't load ad (or anything) from internet at all. There must be some other app in your device which is showing ads on top of other apps.

Helen Turner

Jun 26, 2018
Visit site

I have recently started using Musicolet and think it's great. But I now wish to add more of my music from my laptop and just cannot get it to work. Can you please tell me the best way to transfer to my SD card in android phone. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch