Why can't I download an offline map to my mobile where my SD card has been formatted internally

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have Android 7.1.1 on my Motorola G4 Play. When I was using a 16GB microSD card formatted as portable I was able to have the Google Maps storage settings changed to external and download an offline map. I have since ejected the portable Drive and replaced my external storage with a 32GB MicroSD formatting it as internal. Now when I try to save an offline Google Map it says the SD is missing and there isn't sufficient space to download the file. I don't understand. The Storage settings shows the SD card formatted properly and I have moved some apps to the external storage.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
An SD card formatted as internal isn't an SD card, as far as Android is concerned, it's just more internal storage. The default is to save maps to internal storage, so if you changed it to external storage, change it back. (This will be true for all apps - with the SD card formatted as internal you no longer have an "external SD card".)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa