Up grade sd card?

hugh morris

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
should I upgrade 2 year old 128gb sd card that still has 96 gb of available space? It has 5 years and 2 phones worth of photos and videos on it. I truly use it solely as a triple redundant back up (internal, google photos, sd card) That redundancy is what makes me want to put it with the old phones and hard drives. The almost 100 space available makes me want to use it

hugh morris

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
That is the crux now isn't it. The prudent money is no object option tells me to take the photos "off the table" and now I have pigeon holed 5 years worth of photos into a more secure permanent back up. Something happens to new phone with old card and Google Photos is my only source.

hugh morris

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
Do you have a computer you can make another copy of the photos to?

While we are talking backups, you are backing up your non-photo data, too, right?

The only non-photo data I care about is contacts and yes those are backed up through Google as are the few apps I payed for. Computer might be the ticket. Thank you

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And your contacts, if they're Google contacts (you can check that on the first line of each contact - if not, edit the contact and change it) will be backed up to Google also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non