Note 4 plugged in, but battery draining faster than it can charge.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have my phone plugged into the charger, and keep getting the notification that the battery is draining faster than it can charge. At times it also dings like I just plugged it in, even when it is already plugged in. I have checked to make sure it is plugged into the phone and wall properly. Also seems to drop a % when a notification comes in. Do I need a new charger or battery or both?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's a sign of a failing battery. Considering the age of the battery (over 3 years) and the expected life (2 to 2-1/2 years), it's about time to buy a new one.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It may be the battery, but I've yet to see that specific symptom attributed to it. Usually this sort of symptom is a bad USB cable, failing charger, or bad usb port. The battery most likely does need to be replaced anyway, but I kind of doubt it'll fix this specific issue.

Now, if you try to charge it and it holds at a lower percentage than full, or the phone is shutting off as soon as you unplug it, then I'd be more inclined to think it's just a battery issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11