Stuck on blinking Samsung logo, is there a fix?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I was trying to install a new custom ROM, although it should have still been in my sdCard. So i rebooted into CWM, and backedup my files, but it gave me an error that i didnt read. Assuming my backup completed, i wiped my data and thr cache (forgot dalvik) and rebooted my S4 (l337) after realising this, i pulled the battery and rebooted to CWM to clear the dalvik cache and rebooted again. The screen has been stuck on the blinking samsung logo for a while now. How do I fix this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's a Samsung, so it's trivial. First, turn the phone off (pull the battery, then replace it - that's the fastest way with an S4.) Then boot into Download - Volume Down, Home, Power. When you get the warning screen, hit Volume Up to go to download. Then read [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN (or maybe read it first - you have to download a program first). Then Flash the ROM and wait about 10 minutes while it sets up. (You can't hurt anything by flashing a Samsung except your mind, as you die of boredom, so have something else to do or you'll be watching what appears to be a stuck phone. [Don't worry, it's not.])

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch